Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu June 14, 2012
Names released in fatal Menominee County crash
MENOMINEE COUNTY, MI-- The names of two people involved in a fiery crash in Menominee County this week have been released.
The Sheriff’s Department says the crash happened Sunday around 11:50 p.m. at the intersection of Range Line Road and M-35. Upon arrival deputies found the vehicle in the ditch and fully engulfed in flames.
Initial investigation reveals the vehicle, driven by Gary Gignac failed to negotiate a corner, left the roadway, and struck a tree. Gignac’s brother Raymond was killed in the crash. Gary Gignac was taken to Bay Area Medical Center, then airlifted to St. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay, where he remains in stable condition.