Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu August 22, 2013
Murder trial set for Ishpeming man
MARQUETTE, MI-- An Ishpeming man charged with killing his roommate is headed to trial.
Jack Carpenter, 53, is accused of shooting David Meyer, 29, with a handgun in a house on North Second Street in June of 2012.
Carpenter is charged with open murder and felony firearms. He rejected a deal that would have him plead to manslaughter, punishable by up to 15 years in prison.
Trial is set for September 24 in Marquette County Circuit Court.