Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon July 8, 2013
Moose cause accident on M-95
REPUBLIC TOWNSHIP, MI-- Moose are to blame for a single-vehicle accident in Republic Township that injured two men.
The Marquette County Sheriff’s Department responded Friday around 10:35 p.m. to M-95 about five miles south of US-41. Deputies say Neil Nieminsky, 42, of Republic was northbound when he spotted two moose along the road. As he swerved left to avoid the animals a third moose stepped into the roadway and Nieminsky hit it head-on.
He and his passenger, Martin Oakley, 33, of Republic, were taken to Marquette General Hospital with minor injuries.
The cow moose had to be killed by the Department of Natural Resources.