Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue August 20, 2013
MCSO releases name of man subdued with taser
MARQUETTE, MI-- Police have identified the Wisconsin man who led police on a chase in Marquette Township last Saturday.
Deputies tried to stop Scott Michael Upson, 37, of Green Bay for a traffic violation Saturday around 12:05 a.m. on County Road 550 near Sugar Loaf Mountain, but he took off.
Police blocked Upson in with patrol cars when he stopped at the entrance to Wetmore Pond, then tased him when he wouldn’t get out of his vehicle.
Upson is charged with operating while intoxicated, attempted resisting and obstructing a police officer, and driving while license suspended. He remains lodged in the Marquette County Jail in lieu of a $2,500 bond.
Upson is due back in court August 30.