Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu April 17, 2014
Marquette in the running for All-America City
MARQUETTE, MI-- The City of Marquette has been selected as a finalist for the 2014 All-America City Award.
The National Civic League honor was created in 1949 to recognize outstanding, community-based civic accomplishments. This year’s awards specifically focus on programs that promote walkability, biking, fitness, healthy eating, and disease prevention.
Marquette is the only city in Michigan among the 25 national finalists. A local delegation will travel to Denver in June to represent Marquette during the 65th annual All-America City Awards competition, where ten winners will be selected.