Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon September 23, 2013
Marquette resident charged with criminal sexual conduct
MARQUETTE, MI-- A Marquette man has been arrested for sexual assault.
City police say Charles Deangelo Rogers, 25, was apprehended Friday on a charge of third-degree criminal sexual conduct.
Investigation found Rogers had allegedly assaulted the victim at his residence in the early morning hours of September 15. He and the victim had been acquaintances prior to the incident.
Police executed a search warrant at Rogers’ home September 18 in an effort to find evidence of the crime.
Rogers remains lodged in the Marquette County Jail on a $50,000 bond.