Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri January 24, 2014
Marquette man jailed for felony child abuse
MARQUETTE, MI-- A 43-year-old Marquette man has been arrested for abusing his five-year-old daughter.
City Police say an arrest warrant for Daniel Summers for third-degree child abuse was authorized by the Marquette County Prosecutor’s Office January 18.
Investigation allegedly revealed Summers had intentionally caused physical harm to his daughter last February at a Marquette residence.
Police say documented injuries were found on the girl after Summers had solely watched over his children while the mother was out of the house.
Summers is lodged at the Marquette County Jail after he could not pay the $1,000 cash bond.