Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue July 15, 2014
Man in custody following two-vehicle crash
ISHPEMING, MI-- The driver of a vehicle involved in a two-car accident in Ishpeming Monday was arrested.
The crash happened at the intersection of US-41 and Second Street. An Ishpeming woman was westbound on the highway when her car was struck by a vehicle driven by an Ishpeming man trying to turn north onto Second Street. The impact sent the woman’s vehicle into a telephone pole. No injuries are reported.
City Police say the man was at fault in the accident. He was also driving on a suspended license, and was taken into custody at the scene.