Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue February 26, 2013
Man charged with home invasion in Marquette
MARQUETTE, MI-- A Marquette man has been arrested for breaking into a residence on the 500 block of West Washington Street.
Marquette Police say Douglas Fitzpatrick, 26, was visiting the victim at his home January 14 when the victim said he needed to leave and Fitzpatrick had to go. Fitzpatrick left the house, and when the victim returned a short time later he noticed someone had broken into the house and stolen property. The subject had gotten in through a window accessed by climbing on top of a breezeway.
Investigation revealed Fitzpatrick had discussed the crime with several people before it was committed. He’s charged with second-degree home invasion, punishable by up to 15 years in prison and a $3,000 fine.