Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu October 3, 2013
Man charged in fatal Pound, WI crash
MARINETTE, WI-- An Illinois man has been charged in the traffic death of a Niagara, Wisconsin man last Friday night.
The Marinette County Sheriff’s Office says 43-year-old Joseph Hayes of Lemont, Illinois was driving south in the northbound lane of US-141 in the town of Pound. He hit a northbound vehicle driven by 21-year-old Kristian Reed of Niagara head-on, killing Reed.
Hayes has been charged with homicide by intoxicated use of a vehicle. He remains lodged in the Marinette County Jail on a $250,000 bond.