Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon December 10, 2012
Lost hunter found in Wells Township
MARQUETTE COUNTY, MI-- The Marquette County Sheriff’s Office was called out Friday to find a lost hunter.
Deputies say they received a call around 5:30 p.m. from Karen Babcock, 61, of Marquette, who was hunting about a half-mile south of County Road 426 near the Knotty Pine Bar in Wells Township. She had tracked the deer and become lost in the dark.
Central Dispatch was able to get a GPS coordinate from Babcock’s phone. The information was relayed to Search and Rescue personnel, who located Babcock without incident.