Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon August 25, 2014
Logger injured in Western U.P. accident
IRONWOOD TOWNSHIP, MI-- A Wisconsin man is recovering after he was injured in a logging accident in Gogebic County.
The Sheriff’s Department says it happened around 11 a.m. Saturday in Ironwood Township.
Kory Ofstad, 24, of Saxon, Wisconsin was working near the intersection of Lake Road and Upper Powers Road when he was hit by part of a falling tree. A coworker had to call 911 from a nearby residence because there was no cell reception in the area.
Sheriff’s deputies, paramedics, local residents and coworkers helped remove Ofstad from the woods. He was then taken to an ambulance by the Sheriff’s Office Off-Road Rescue ATV.
Ofstad received serious but non-life-threatening injuries. He remains at Aspirus Grandview Hospital for treatment.