Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed December 5, 2012
Kingsford man sentenced for sexual assault
IRON MOUNTAIN, MI-- A Dickinson County man is headed to prison for sexually assaulting a woman over the summer.
William Bottesi, 40, of Kingsford was arrested after he argued with the female victim and physically and sexually assaulted her.
Bottesi was convicted of second-degree criminal sexual conduct—assault with intent to commit sexual penetration, third-degree CSC, and driving while impaired.
A judge sentenced Bottesi Tuesday to between 40 months and 15 years in prison. He’ll also have to pay around $7,000 in fines.