Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue September 17, 2013
Kids to get hundreds of coats, thanks to Packer fans
GREEN BAY, WI (AP)-- A Green Bay Packers charity event has brought in nearly 600 winter coats for donation to needy children.
The team's annual Coats for Kids collection took place Sunday before the Packers' win over Washington. Fans were asked to donate new and gently used winter coats.
The team says the event brought in 592 coats, as well as almost $15,000 in cash. Both figures are records, topping last year's totals of 440 coats and $13,000 in cash.
The event was led by the Salvation Army and a number of local dry cleaners.