Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri August 2, 2013
Items stolen from graves at Crystal Falls cemetery
CRYSTAL FALLS, MI-- The Iron County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the theft of grave site decorations from the Evergreen Memorial Cemetery in Crystal Falls.
Sheriff’s deputies have identified a suspect and recovered numerous items from a Crystal Falls resident. The identity of the suspect will not be released until they’re arraigned in Iron County Trial Court.
Thursday deputies recovered property believed to have been stolen from the cemetery. They’ve been able to identify only two victims, and numerous items remain unidentified.
Anyone who has had something taken from a gravesite at Evergreen is asked to call the Sheriff’s Office at 875-0650 and schedule an appointment to view the property.