Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu March 13, 2014
Ishpeming house lost to fire
ISHPEMING, MI-- Fire has destroyed a house in Ishpeming.
Firefighters were called around 11:30 Wednesday night to the home on Marquette and Diorite streets and found the structure fully engulfed.
The female resident of the home has been identified as Cara Zanetti. She said she was alerted to the blaze by her dog, which allowed her to escape. The dog and a cat perished in the fire. Zanetti was taken to Bell Hospital for treatment of minor smoke inhalation.
Officials believe the fire started in a first-floor fireplace.
Ishpeming firefighters were assisted at the scene by City Police and Marquette County Rescue Unit 131.