Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu August 14, 2014
Iron County man jailed for threatening terrorism
CRYSTAL FALLS, MI-- An Iron River man has been arrested by City Police on a charge of making threats of terrorism.
Anthony Lee Nielsen, 36, was arrested Tuesday and arraigned Wednesday in circuit court on the terrorism charge—punishable by up to 20 years in prison. He was also charged with possession of marijuana and being an habitual offender - 4th offense.
Nielsen is lodged in the Iron County Jail on a $100,000 cash bond. No further details about the case have yet been released.
Iron River Police were assisted in the case by the Sheriff’s Department, Michigan State Police, the MSP Grayling Bomb Squad, and the State Police K-9 Unit from St. Ignace.