Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed December 26, 2012
Identity of man killed in Marquette accident released
MARQUETTE, MI-- Officials have released the name of the person killed in a car/pedestrian accident in Marquette over the weekend.
City Police say around 8:16 p.m. Sunday John James Mahoney, 53, of Marquette, was trying to cross US-41 at Grove Street when he was struck by a westbound vehicle. The driver is identified as Shawn William Guertin, 35, of Marquette. Mahoney was fatally injured in the collision.
Police say the accident remains under investigation.