Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon January 7, 2013
Houghton man who died in snowmobile crash identified
UPDATE, 1/7/13 4:44 PM: Officials have released the name of the man killed in the crash. He's identified as Roger A. Lewis, 41, of Houghton. The accident remains under investigation.
FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP, MI-- Police have not yet released the name of the man killed in a snowmobile accident in Houghton County Friday night.
The accident happened around 9:50 p.m. in Franklin Township.
State Police from the Calumet Post say a 41-year-old Houghton man drove his snowmobile under a steel cable on private property. He was pronounced dead at the scene, then taken to Portage View Hospital in Hancock.
Troopers say alcohol was a factor in the accident, which remains under investigation.
The Hancock Police Department assisted at the scene.