Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu February 7, 2013
Hospital restricts visitors to birthing center
IRON MOUNTAIN, MI-- Dickinson County Memorial Hospital is restricting visitors to the hospital's OB Unit.
Officials say it's an effort to keep newborns and their mothers healthy and free from upper respiratory illnesses, which are widespread in the community.
Only the spouse or significant other will be allowed for each obstetrics patient in the Family Birth Center. And officials are asking those who have colds, a cough, fever, or any other form of sickness to refrain from visiting any part of the hospital.
To help limit the spread of flu, public health officials urge residents to wash their hands often, cover their mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, and stay home when sick.