Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed July 3, 2013
Heyer sentencing delayed
MARINETTE, WI-- Sentencing has been delayed for a Crivitz, Wisconsin man accused of killing his ex-girlfriend in Marinette County.
Richard Heyer, 56, is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the shooting death of Ann Schueller, 51, of Wausaukee at a Citgo station last August. Heyer also tried to kill himself with the gun, but survived.
He faces up to life in prison.
Heyer’s attorney requested the delay because of difficulties in getting some of his client’s medical records.
Sentencing has been rescheduled for August 22.