Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed September 4, 2013
Governor on his way to Asia on trade trip
LANSING, MI (AP)-- Michigan Governor Rick Snyder is preparing to embark on his third trade trip to Asia.
The governor has scheduled stops in China and Japan during the week-and-a-half-long mission that starts Wednesday.
As part of the effort to attract foreign investment in Michigan and strengthen trade relationships, the state's economic development arm is bringing along a delegation of at least 15 representatives from Michigan companies.
Snyder isn't guaranteeing job creation from his trip, but says he feels good that new business will occur as a result of the face-to-face meetings.
He's also putting an emphasis on selling "Pure Michigan" as a destination to Chinese tourists.