Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed September 18, 2013
Gladstone troopers arrest Wisconsin attempted murder suspect
HOLMES TOWNSHIP, MI-- State Police from the Gladstone Post have apprehended a suspect wanted for attempted murder in Wisconsin.
Troopers say the crime happened Sunday in Kaukauna. The 37-year-old suspect fled the scene and had been on the run ever since.
A joint investigation between Wisconsin authorities, troopers, and Menominee County Sheriff’s deputies revealed the man was hiding in a rustic campground near the Michigan/Wisconsin border.
The Michigan State Police Emergency Support Team was utilized to locate and arrest the suspect, who surrendered without incident. He was found in Menominee County’s Holmes Township.
She suspect remains lodged at the Menominee County Jail, awaiting extradition to Wisconsin. His name is not being released at this time.