Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue May 21, 2013
Gas prices rise before Memorial Day weekend
DEARBORN, MI (AP)-- AAA Michigan says gasoline prices have risen about 10 cents during the past week to a statewide average of about $3.88 per gallon.
The auto club says Monday the average is about 13 cents per gallon more than last year at this time.
Of the cities it surveys, AAA Michigan says the cheapest average price for self-serve unleaded fuel is in the Saginaw and Bay City areas, where it's about $3.83 a gallon. The highest average is in the Marquette area at about $3.95.
Dearborn-based AAA Michigan surveys 2,800 Michigan gas stations daily.