Most Active Stories
- Geoffrey Fieger representing parents of man shot by Munising officer
- Update: Person drowns when boat tips over in Powell Township
- Ishpeming police find largest cache of meth components ever in Marquette County
- CSC sentencing held for former Manistique pastor
- Sunday at 6pm: Governor's Town Hall Debate
Tue May 21, 2013
Gas prices rise before Memorial Day weekend
DEARBORN, MI (AP)-- AAA Michigan says gasoline prices have risen about 10 cents during the past week to a statewide average of about $3.88 per gallon.
The auto club says Monday the average is about 13 cents per gallon more than last year at this time.
Of the cities it surveys, AAA Michigan says the cheapest average price for self-serve unleaded fuel is in the Saginaw and Bay City areas, where it's about $3.83 a gallon. The highest average is in the Marquette area at about $3.95.
Dearborn-based AAA Michigan surveys 2,800 Michigan gas stations daily.