Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed January 23, 2013
Gas prices up from last week
DEARBORN, MI (AP)-- AAA Michigan says gasoline prices have risen 12.3 cents during the past week to a statewide average of about $3.37 per gallon.
The auto club said Tuesday the average is about three cents per gallon less than last year at this time.
Of the Michigan cities it surveys, AAA Michigan said the cheapest average price for self-serve unleaded fuel is in the Detroit area, where it's about $3.33 a gallon. The highest average is in the Flint area at about $3.43.
Dearborn-based AAA Michigan surveys 2,800 Michigan gas stations daily.