Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon August 25, 2014
Gas prices hold steady
DEARBORN, MI (AP)-- AAA Michigan says statewide gasoline prices remained stable last week as Detroit-area prices decreased.
The auto club says the statewide average is relatively unchanged at about $3.51 per gallon. That's about 12 cents less than this time last year.
AAA Michigan says gas in the Detroit area decreased about 3 cents to roughly $3.47 per gallon. It says that's the cheapest average price for self-serve unleaded fuel in the cities it surveys. The highest average is in the Marquette area at $3.58 a gallon.
Dearborn-based AAA Michigan surveys 2,800 Michigan gas stations daily.