Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue July 30, 2013
Gas prices falling, but still high
DEARBORN, MI (AP)-- AAA Michigan says gasoline prices have fallen about 18 cents during the past week to a statewide average of about $3.63 per gallon.
The auto club says the average is about 3 cents per gallon more than this time last year.
Of the cities it surveys, AAA Michigan says the cheapest average price for self-serve unleaded fuel is in the Flint area, where it's about $3.52 a gallon. The highest average is in the Marquette area, at about $3.83 a gallon.
Dearborn-based AAA Michigan surveys 2,800 Michigan gas stations daily.