Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue September 2, 2014
Gas prices back up
DEARBORN, MI (AP)-- AAA Michigan says gasoline prices in the state rose about 8 cents in the last week.
The auto club says that the average price of a gallon of self-serve regular unleaded gasoline was $3.59 on Monday. That's about 15 cents less than one year ago.
Dearborn-based AAA Michigan surveys fuel costs at 2,800 Michigan gas stations daily. It says the cheapest price was $3.48 a gallon in the Traverse City area, and the most expensive was $3.62 in the Saginaw/Bay City/Midland and Flint areas.