Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu June 6, 2013
Former Munising Baptist principal heading to jail
MUNISING, MI-- Bond has been revoked for the former principal of Munising Baptist School because he violated its terms.
Benjamin Franklin II is charged with three counts of third-degree criminal sexual conduct because of his alleged involvement with a 16- to 18-year-old female student. Officials say Franklin has repeatedly tried to contact the victim in the case electronically.
Following his arrest in March Franklin posted 10 percent of a $5,000 bond and went home to St. Joseph, Illinois.
A bond revocation hearing will be held June 17 in Alger County Circuit Court.