Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri August 15, 2014
Ford issues recall of several vehicle models
DETROIT, MI (AP)-- Ford is recalling 83,250 vehicles because a faulty part could cause them to lose power or roll away if they're parked.
The recall involves the 2012-2014 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX; the 2013 and 2014 Ford Flex and Lincoln MKT; and the 2013 and 2014 Ford Taurus and Lincoln MKS.
The company says that due to the improper installation of a clip in the axle, the halfshaft can disengage from the linkshaft. If that happens, power won't be transmitted to the wheels, increasing the risk of a crash. Also, the vehicles could roll out of the "park" position if the emergency brake isn't engaged.
Ford says there have been no reports of injuries or accidents related to the defect.
Ford will notify owners and begin free repairs by the end of August.