Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu February 28, 2013
Final man in group charged in Munising Township crime sentenced
MUNISING, MI-- A fourth man involved in a Munising Township break-in last February has been sentenced.
The men entered a house and held the homeowner at gunpoint while they beat and robbed him.
After trial last month Ruben Rodriguez, 35, was found guilty of several armed robbery and home invasion charges. He was sentenced Wednesday to 16 to 40 years in prison.
Israel Velez, 29, pleaded no contest last month to armed robbery, home invasion, and unlawful imprisonment. He was sentenced to 25 to 60 years in prison.
George Carmona, 25, pleaded guilty to armed robbery and must serve 135 to 225 months in prison.
And Isaac Cotto, 30, pleaded no contest last month to armed robbery, home invasion, and unlawful imprisonment. He was sentenced Wednesday to 10 to 30 years in prison.