Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon April 29, 2013
Explosives found in Menominee apartment
MENOMINEE, MI-- A Menominee man is jailed after authorities found several explosive devices in an apartment building in the city.
Menominee County Prosecutor Dan Haas says the 51-year-old man could be arraigned as early as Monday.
At least five devices were found by police Friday afternoon after a search of the man's apartment. Neighbors in the eight-unit building were notified, but an evacuation was not ordered. A bomb squad was called in late Friday night.
Police were notified Thursday of threats apparently made to the man's wife.