Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue January 22, 2013
Escanaba Township accident kills teen
ESCANABA TOWNSHIP, MI-- A teenager has been killed in a two-vehicle accident in Delta County.
The Sheriff’s Office says the crash happened around 8:45 Tuesday morning on County Road 426 about six miles south of Cornell.
Deputies say a southbound truck hit the rear end of another truck that was stalled and left partially on the roadway. The 47-year-old male driver was injured and his 19-year-old passenger was killed in the crash.
County Road 426 was closed for about three hours while officials cleared the accident.
Names have not yet been released, and the crash remains under investigation.