Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon January 7, 2013
Escanaba man bound over to circuit court for assault
ESCANABA, MI-- An Escanaba man has been bound over to circuit court for assaulting a Bark River man last month.
Scott Wahl, 23, is charged with assault with intent to rob while armed—punishable by up to life in prison.
Wahl is one of two men charged in connection with the incident in which the 41-year-old Bark River man was hit in the head with a glass bottle December 17 in Wells Township.
The other suspect, Jeffrey Dickerson, 31, of Escanaba, is charged with assault with intent to rob while armed and also resisting and obstructing an officer and possession of analogues. The last two charges are punishable by up to two years and a $2,000 fine.
Dickerson waived his right to a preliminary exam within 14 days. The hearing has not yet been scheduled.