Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Wed February 12, 2014
Eagle mine permit hearing scheduled
MARQUETTE, MI-- The Department of Environmental Quality has set a date for a public hearing on the Eagle mine’s application for a groundwater discharge permit.
The permit regulates the discharge of water from the mine’s water treatment plant to its treated water infiltration system and must be renewed every five years.
The hearing is set for March 25 at 6 p.m. at Westwood High School in Ishpeming. DEQ officials will first answer questions about the draft permit, then hold the public hearing.
The DEQ will accept additional public comment on the proposed permit through April 1. Comments should be submitted to:
Department of Environmental Quality
Water Resources Division, Permits Section
P.O. Box 30458
Lansing, MI 48909-7958