Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon January 7, 2013
DNR trails plan available for comment
LANSING, MI (AP)-- The state Department of Natural Resources says a draft of the Michigan Comprehensive Trails Plan is available online for public review and comment.
The DNR will accept comments and feedback on the draft plan through January 25.
The plan is on the DNR's Michigan Snowmobile and Trails Advisory Council web page and also is available on the DNR's State Parks and Trails and Pathways sites.
Comments can be submitted via an online survey that is posted along with the draft.
The trails plan addresses the status of Michigan's motorized, non-motorized and water trails.
Michigan features over 6,000 miles of snowmobile trails and 3,600 miles of off-road vehicle trails, among others.