Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu May 16, 2013
Device helps deputies find Ishpeming Township child
ISHPEMING TOWNSHIP, MI-- An child with autism lost in Ishpeming Township has been found, thanks to a tracking device.
The Marquette County Sheriff’s Office was called Wednesday to the North Lake area on a report that the 8-year-old child wandered away from home while playing.
Using life tracker equipment deputies were able to locate the child a short time later on the family’s property.
officials say the life tracker device was successful in this case because the family effectively maintained it and conducted frequent status checks.