Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri October 25, 2013
Delta County deed notices fake
ESCANABA, MI-- Delta County officials are telling residents to ignore any “Deed Processing Notice” they may receive from Washington, D.C.
The Register of Deeds and Treasurer say anything that comes from “Record Transfer Services” is not affiliated with the county or any other government agency.
The notices say residents can get a copy of their “grant deed” for $83. Delta County officials say deed copies are available at the courthouse for a dollar a page.
The Treasurer and Clerk have filed a complaint with the Michigan Attorney General’s Office regarding the notices.