Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Health and Human Services
Mon January 6, 2014
Deadline approaching for United Way funding applications
MARQUETTE, MI-- Applications for money from the United Way of Marquette County are now available.
Campaign Coordinator Sue Minckler says 501(c)3 health and human service organizations are eligible to receive funding for a variety of programs.
“[For] programs that deal with the elderly, youth, people with disabilities, basic needs such as emergency clothing, shelter and housing, and things related to health,” she says.
Current member agencies can submit proposals for up to $20,000, while non-member agencies can receive funds designated by those who pledge.
To receive an application via e-mail, contact the United Way of Marquette County at 226-8171.
The deadline is January 24.