Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu May 16, 2013
Cruising Marquette waters
MARQUETTE, MI-- The Isle Royale Queen III cruise ship begins its season next week, running summer trips from Marquette's lower harbor.
Molly Carmody is the owner and manager of Marquette Harbor Cruises. She started operating the 81-foot cruise ship last year, with daily cruises to Partridge Island and back. This year, the process has been modified, with a single daily trip to Partridge Island. In June the boat will begin 90-minute evening cruises to the Black Rocks.
The Isle Royale Queen III was originally named the Isle Royale Queen II and was used during the 1970s and 1980s to shuttle people between Copper Harbor and Isle Royale.
The season begins May 24. A full summer cruise schedule can be found online at www.marquetteharborcruises.com.