Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Hunting and fishing
Thu February 7, 2013
Crossbow hunting on NRC agenda
LANSING, MI (AP)-- Michigan wildlife policymakers will discuss a survey of crossbow deer hunters during a meeting of the state Natural Resources Commission on Thursday.
The commission's regular monthly meeting will be in Lansing. The seven-member panel is appointed by the governor and sets policies on hunting, fishing and other outdoor issues.
Its committee on wildlife and fisheries will deal with the crossbow deer hunting survey. Also, an advisory panel on state parks will set goals for the year.
Department of Natural Resources Director Keith Creagh is scheduled to announce executive orders during the meeting on topics including dip netting for smelt, suckers and other fish species and use of fireworks at state parks and recreation areas.