Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri December 20, 2013
Crash ties up traffic on US-41
MARQUETTE TOWNSHIP, MI-- Traffic on US-41 in Marquette Township had to be rerouted Friday morning following a two-vehicle accident.
Sheriff’s deputies say the crash happened in front of Lowe’s around 7:45 a-m. A Ford pickup driven by Clifford Dice, 51, of Bay City pulled out onto the highway from the Lowe’s driveway and into the path of a westbound Chevy driven by Neil Bonetti, 33, of Marquette.
Bonetti was taken to Marquette General Hospital for evaluation of minor injuries.
Dice was cited for failure to yield the right-of-way.
Both vehicles were heavily damaged in the crash. Both eastbound lanes of traffic on US-41 were diverted for about 45 minutes.