Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri December 20, 2013
Craig's List scam making the rounds
IRON MOUNTAIN, MI-- State Police at the Iron Mountain Post are warning residents of a scam on Craig’s List.
Troopers say a subject contacted a company on Craig’s List regarding a job listing. Without an application, job background, or interview the subject was hired. They were then told to fill out financial paperwork that included bank and other account numbers. When the subject questioned the practice the so-called representative got angry and hung up.
Police are again reminding residents never to give out financial information to unknown sources. Job applications do not require applicants to provide financial accounts.