Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Tue December 4, 2012
Copper City man kicks out police car window
HOUGHTON, MI-- A Houghton County man is jailed on a domestic violence charge and for kicking out a police car window.
Michael Harri, 40, of Copper City was arrested Sunday on a report he assaulted his wife. As officials transported him to jail, Harri kicked out the rear passenger window of the police car and had to be restrained by officers.
Harri is now charged with assault and battery, resisting and obstructing an officer, and malicious destruction of police property.
He remains lodged on a $10,000 bond. A preliminary hearing is set for December 17 in Houghton County District Court.