Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon April 29, 2013
Chassell accident due to driver inattention
CHASSELL, MI-- The Houghton County Sheriff’s Department is investigating a two-vehicle accident that injured two people.
Deputies say the crash happened Saturday around 9:30 p.m. on Chassell Painesdale Road near US-41.
A 39-year-old woman was westbound when she looked down to change the radio station. Her vehicle crossed the center line and hit another vehicle driven by a 51-year-old Chassell man head-on. The woman was uninjured. The man and his passenger were taken to Portage Health for treatment of their injuries.
Deputies cited the 39-year-old woman for careless driving and the driver of the second vehicle for operating while intoxicated.