Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon April 29, 2013
Car pins, kills man in Houghton County
CALUMET TOWNSHIP, MI-- The Houghton County Sheriff’s Department investigated an accidental death in Calumet Township over the weekend.
Deputies responded Saturday around 6:45 a.m. to a report of a man trapped under a vehicle on Boundary Street. It appears the man—identified as Michael Joseph Lynch, 49—was working on the car when it rolled off its ramps and pinned him underneath.
The Sheriff’s Office was assisted at the scene by Calumet Fire and Rescue.