Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri February 1, 2013
Buy your turkey hunting applications by Friday
UNDATED (AP)-- If you'd like to hunt for wild turkey in Michigan this spring, the deadline is Friday to purchase an application.
The Department of Natural Resources says for a $4 fee, hunters may apply for one limited-quota hunting license. Another option is to buy a license for spring turkey hunt number 234. Hunt 234 licenses are available now through May 1 and do not require the $4 fee.
Applications and licenses may be purchased at any authorized license agent or online at www.mdnr-elicense.com .
Beginning March 1, applicants can check to see whether they were drawn for a license. Any leftover licenses will be sold until the quota is met in each hunt unit and hunt period.