Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Mon October 14, 2013
Bill for Tasers in no-carry areas introduced in MI Senate
LANSING, MI-- State Senator Tom Casperson has co-sponsored a bill that would let people carry Tasers in no-carry zones.
The legislation allows concealed pistol license holders to carry the non-lethal method of protection into such places as schools and daycare centers.
Co-sponsor Republican Senator Darwin Booher says he got the idea for the bill after reading a letter to the editor from a constituent after the school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.
Casperson says the Tasers could only be used for self-defense. He says they would provide a non-lethal method of protection in areas where no other means of defense exists.