Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Fri January 4, 2013
Be careful on Tourist Park lake, officials say
MARQUETTE, MI-- The Marquette City Fire Department is warning people about walking on the lake ice at Tourist Park.
Officials say the lake is used to generate electricity, so it moves and may fluctuate in depth. That affects formation of the ice, and can make for unstable and dangerous ice conditions.
Residents and visitors are urged to use extreme caution when on or around Tourist Park lake ice.
Any questions may be directed to the City Fire Department at 225-8936.