Most Active Stories
- Reed responds to her firing as NMU student newspaper adviser
- North Wind Board issues statement about controversy
- Journalists' group calls for advisor's reinstatement at The North Wind
- The Psychology of Music in Multimedia: An Interview with NMU Professor Mark Shevy
- Two-car crash in Chocolay Township claims man's life
Thu January 17, 2013
Barbeau sentenced for hitting man with snowmobile
ESCANABA, MI-- A Delta County man has been sentenced for running over another man with a snowmobile.
Douglas Barbeau, 27, of Garden pleaded no contest last month to hitting Parker Bambenek, 22, of Marquette on Garden Bay last January. Both of Bambenek’s legs were broken in the incident.
Barbeau was given up to five years in prison for failure to stop at the scene of an accident causing serious impairment or death; one year for felonious operation of a snowmobile; and six months for attempted false report of a felony. All sentences will be served concurrently.
As part of the plea deal the charges assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder and filing a false report of a felony were dropped.